Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Postscript

Because I like to give credit where credit is due, I wanted to thank the author of the Huffington Post piece that got me so riled up, where he called out my organization as not embracing social media enough. I responded (you can read that here) and he followed up with this post:

Thanks for the comment. I certainly didn't mean to classify CRS as an organization that is "doing it wrong." Perhaps it was a bit myopic to make broad generalizations about the reach of an organization solely through its number of Twitter followers, but as far as social media services go in terms of self-promotion, Twitter is king.

I'm happy CRS is seeing increasing traffic from Facebook and YouTube, and am happy to mention these gains in my article.

Jonathan Daniel Harris - we're cool. Thanks for the correction. We may not totally agree on the importance of Twitter vs. Facebook, but I respect the point you were making and agree wholeheartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment